2.14.2011

I'm usually not a big celebrator of Valentine's Day. Mostly because in the past 28 years, I've been single on Valentine's Day for 26 of them. And who wants to celebrate a day of being in love when you aren't.

I don't normally throw anti-Valentine's Day parties, or cry myself to sleep or shoot arrows back at cupid. I do what I do best...I ignore that the day even exists.

That way I don't feel too sorry for my lonesome self :)

But this year I decided that I would not ignore the day and I would not feel sorry for myself and I would not let my friends feel sorry for themselves either.



So I made some cute little homemade Valentine's and some delicious homemade sugar cookies. I wrote thoughtful little notes. And I decided that I would deliver some love to the friends around town that I love best.

And you know what? Valentine's Day seemed a whole lot more fun. I even wore a pink shirt in celebration.

Even though I might not have that "special someone" in my life just yet, I have a whole lot of people that I love that I can celebrate with instead.

Happy Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

Bekah: said...

So cute! Love the owl! You are so adorable. I bet your friends felt so special.

I LOVE YOU! Happy Valentines Day!

Camille said...

Oh Bekah I love you too :) I wish you didn't live so far away or I would drop off a Valentine for you too since you are one of my very favorite people in the world. Happy Valentine's Day!

Rachel Wagner. said...

Happy Valentines. I'm glad you decided to embrace the day. Why not!

Ellie said...

Way to go...I'm kinda 'over' Valentines Day myself. I celebrated by watching The Bachelor. Don't judge.

Camille said...

Ellie, I can't judge you because I've pretty much watched every season of the Bachelor until this season :) And even though you are over it...happy valentine's day anyway :) We need to get together again someday. And Rachel-happy Valentine's day to you too!