8.25.2009

The only me I can be

Sometimes I expect more out of my kids than I do out of myself. I expect them to all participate in getting to know you activities even though I personally hate partcipating in them. I expect them to sit still and listen even though half the time I can't sit still for that long. And I expect them to look at themselves and see how wonderful and interesting and unique they are even though I look at myself and often don't see those things.

Tomorrow I start a lesson on what makes you unique. So I came up with my own list and decided to post it-feel free to add to it if you want!

I was born in Oklahoma City and have lived in 15 different houses/apartments in my life.

I don't have a middle name but I used to like to make up ones for myself...I thought either Pocahontas or Christine would make nice ones.

By this time next year I will have 6 nieces and nephews...last year I had only one and she wasn't even three weeks old!

I played golf in high school mostly just so I could hang out with my friend Kristin...I haven't even touched a golf club since high school.

I still keep in contact with people from all different times in my life...I even recently got back in touch with someone that I went to 3rd grade with.

I once had a piece of metal in my eye...and it hurt like nothing else when they had to remove it.

I can make a clover thing with my tongue...I can also curl it.

I've visited 46 out of the 50 states but I haven't seen much outside of the US.

I can't really whistle at all but sometimes I practice when I'm all by myself.

3 comments:

Morgan said...

I can totally picture you doing the clover thing with your tongue...I'd forgotten about that trick :)

And I'm sitting here counting your nieces/nephews and I can only get 5...who's the sixth??

Rachel Wagner. said...

I recently did a similar exercise- listing my accomplishments and unique features. I don't know why, but I was kind of surprised with how unique I am. Sometimes we don't give ourselves enough credit. I can think of many unique and interesting things about you.
For instance, not many people have lived in Mexican Hat and been to Hawaii three years in a row!

Camille said...

Okay...so I guess I might as well just throw it out there...I don't think it is a secret anymore! Brandon and Jessica just found out that they are pregnant again...but she's still in her first trimester. Crazy I know.