7.08.2008

Sharks, Saint Bernards and Swimming

I hate job hunting...possibly as much as I hate spiders and ferris wheels. I don't know if there is anything as discouraging as hearing (yet again) that no one is hiring school counselors. Apparently the whole state of Maryland (and all the surrounding states) do not have a shortage.

In order to take my mind off of all the depressing things...I've been busy doing other things! Here's what I've done lately...

The Baltimore aquarium...in case you are wondering sharks have a top swimming speead of 25mph. When attacking prey a burst speed of 35mph is possible. In other words, if there was a huge expolsion and all the sharks and people in the aquarium were thrown into the Inner Harbor...us humans would have no way of swimming away from these guys. Scary.

Howard County Dog Show...I've never been to a dog show before but I will definitely go again. It was incredibly entertaining and who knew that people actually used a blow dryer to dry their pets fur? It was amazing.

Bon Ton...I've been shopping at this store about 6 times since I've been home. I like to think that I'm getting rid of all my stress by buying new cute shoes (especially since my mom has been paying!). I have to fill up my days somehow.

And the most exciting...Brunswick City Pool where I go to watch Joe at swim lessons or to sit out and sunbathe with the other women!

I actually have pictures but I'm having problems uploading. Watch for them, they'll be coming soon!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I know how you feel. I've been looking for a job in Portland since January. Ahhh...all I do is apply to jobs. Good luck finding one there!

Morgan said...

Can't wait for the pictures! And I can't believe Bon Ton is still open...do people even shop at that mall anymore? They always did have lots of cute shoes there. It sounds like you've been busy doing a variety of fun activities lately :) You must be getting a nice tan from all of the sunbathing at the pool too! I'm very excited to see you tomorrow!

Nimfa on saint bernard care said...

I've been looking for a job since May and I know how you feel right now. Sometimes it's frustrating that's why I resorted to blogging and cooking to divert my depression. I'm having fun times with my dogs too to remove stress.