10.21.2009

"'What is the use of a book,' thought Alice, 'without pictures or conversations.'"-Lewis Carroll

Last night I had book club. I did not read the book. In fact, I never even opened the book and read the front cover. Once I thought about it and then did nothing about it. The cover didn't look very interesting and I am still reading the Mysterious Benedict Society so I wasn't in the mood to put that one down for this unknown book. Yesterday I thought about getting onto goodreads and seeing what other people thought about the book so I could pretend to know something about it when I got to book club. But I got distracted on goodreads and never got around to searching for the book.

I still went to book club. And the best part about it? We got a copy of our next book...Hunger Games. Which I've already read. But which I love and have been wanting to read again. I can't wait to start on it!

So after I didn't read a book and went to book club in order to get a free book, then I went to the temple to do baptisms with the ysa's. And let me just tell you, having someone younger than you baptize you is probably not the way too go. Those guys dunk you and yank you back up so fast that I thought I was going to have whiplash. It was all I could do not to break out in laughter right there. I tried to avoid eye contact with all people sitting outside the font. Because if I made eye contact, I would have laughed uncontrollably. Which is probably not a very good choice for the temple.

Oh and other good news from yesterday...our school got broken into and my office was trashed. Nothing stolen though because our burglars were really smart and packed up my lap top and then left it sitting in a bag still in the school. They also left their jackets and hats. I said that if they were smart enough to leave those, they might just be smart enough to come back in and ask for them. I suggested that we advertise that we have them and see who comes around.

1 comment:

Rachel Wagner. said...

Great post. I would say most book clubs people don't the assigned book. I am not ashamed to admit that I have faked reading books on several occasions.
At least you can get people to come. I am feeling kind of down because I can't get anyone to come to anything. I feel lonely and without friends.
Anyway, sorry about your dumb crooks. At least they returned it. That was a stroke of luck.