9.14.2010

Dear scale,

Thank you for reading that I have lost 5 pounds this week. I was scared that I would jump on and you would tell me that I hadn't lost at all. But instead, my hard work paid off. Yeah!
With much love, Your 5 pound lighter bff

Dear grief training counselor meeting,

Remember how I cried in front of my fellow counselors yesterday? And you reminded me of all the loss I've had in my life? And how maybe I haven't completely dealt with my grief? I'm not sure how I feel about those things. Except that I know how hard it is to be open and true with someone which is what I expect my little clients to do every day. And empathy is always a good lesson, even if it comes with crying. So I guess I'll forgive you for now.
From, The crying counselor

Dear school,

I don't want to be here today. I want to be pretty much anywhere but here. I'm sorry I'm hating on you today, I'm just tired and not feeling great. Maybe I'll have more love tomorrow.
With regret, The hater

Dear owl/feather necklace,

I'm glad that I was convinced to buy you while I was in Grand Junction on Saturday. Because you are super cute and I love you. That is all.
Love, The owl collector

Dear school fire alarm,

You almost gave me a heart attack just now. But at least you didn't make any of the little ones cry. And I am grateful that there wasn't a real fire.
Sincerely, Your scared school employee

2 comments:

Eliza said...

Camille...I just love your blog!! And YOU!

I want to see a picture of this owl/feather necklace. Sounds adorable.

Rachel Wagner. said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Great job.