5.19.2010

Who doesn't appreciate a good award?



Work news is really only interesting to those involved. Or at least that is how I feel. Actually, sometimes even when I'm involved, work news isn't interesting to me.

It's just not fun to sit there and listen while someone else tells you about what they did during the day and what is happening at work. Unless maybe they work for the CIA or are a race car driver or something like that.

So even though it might only be interesting/exciting to me...I'm going to share my exciting work news with you.

Catch up #2
When I was hired to be a counselor, it was understood that I would be paid through a grant provided by the safe and drug free schools. And part of the understanding is that I agreed to do certain things during my time at Mexican Hat. One of those things was to apply for RAMP...which stands for Recognized ASCA Model Program. And for those of you that are really interested, ASCA stands for American School Counselor Association.

Basically when you receive the RAMP award, it is saying that you are running a counseling program that meets all of the federal guidelines. It requires an incredibly time consuming report and it is difficult to receive. I won't bore you with all of the details since I've probably already bored you with the ones I've shared thus far.

The point is-guess who received the RAMP award?

That's right people...yours truly.

And guess who will be going to Boston on the 4th of July to receive my award (on the grants dime...not on mine)?

Right again.

It's good positive reinforcement. Sometimes you wonder if you are really doing anything good or right-and now I'll have a little plaque that says one time I was on the right track!

1 comment:

Rachel Wagner. said...

I think it is the job of friends to be interested in our friends work whether we are or not. However, in your case I am genuinely interested. I think you do more good than you know. Plus, I'm sure I bore you plenty with my drivel about rental properties and reservations...
Congrats and enjoy Boston!