5.18.2010

A promise unfulfilled and a story about an interview

This week is officially catch up week. Except that I already missed Monday of my catch up week. Boo. Anyway, as I mentioned last time I wrote, sometimes I make promises. And then fail to keep them. And reading back through old posts...I realized that I have brought my shortcomings in this area into my blogging life as well.

So in order to turn over a new leaf, I have decided to fulfill those as yet unfulfilled promises.

Catch up #1

I may have mentioned a few weeks ago (okay fine, a few months ago) that I went on a job interview. Or that I was going on a job interview. But since that was a few months ago, I have now been on said job interview. It was for a school district up north that had some openings. The interview went fairly well although it could have gone better. I felt as though they were moderately impressed and that if I expressed some interest, I might be able to get a job. Only the problem was that I wasn't feeling the job.

It might seem crazy to a lot of people that I'm working out in the middle of nowhere and that I've decided to stay another year. Heck, most of the time it sounds pretty crazy to me as well.

But my decision to come out here was the first decision in my life that I was 100% sure was the right decision.

I just knew.

And the first time I pulled in here? I felt like I was coming home.



Sure there are still times I hate being here. There are times when I would rather be any where else in the world. Most of the time I wished that I lived closer to my family and my friends that live too far away.

But lots of times I love being here. I love the slow peaceful lifestyle. The fact that there isn't any traffic and there are no stoplights to slow me down. The new friends that I've made who have started to become my "family".

It's home for right now.



I was grateful that I went to that interview, even if it was just because it helped me to remember all the good things about being down here. So I'll stay.

2 comments:

Eric said...

It's crazy what life teaches you and that having such strong feelings for something helps guide your life. I'm glad you feel like where you are is home. I'm happy for you. I do miss you and hope that one day you can move closer.

Camille said...

Oh don't worry...Utah county will always hold a spcial place in my heart and I'm sure that I'll be back there soon enough! Which will be nice because I miss seeing you!