5.13.2010

I make promises a lot. Promises that I fully intend to keep but somehow end up overlooking eventually. Next week the whole week will be dedicated to fulfilling all of the blog promises that I make and never follow through on. Be prepared.

Another thing I never follow through on? My goals. Remember about a year and a half ago when I made a list of 101 things I was going to do? Okay so you probably don't remember since that was a YEAR AND A HALF AGO. (if somehow you are actually interested in that list, read it here) Guess how many goals on the list I have actually completed? 23.

You might be thinking that that isn't so bad (I thought that for a second too). Until I realized that I would only have like a year and 2 months to finish and I'd already done all of the easy things. There is no way I'm actually going to finish.

So you know what I do when I realize that I am going to fail at completing something? I revise my original list.

In honor of my recently passed 28th birthday (can you believe that I'm 28?? Pretty sure I can't!), here are 28 things that I really am going to do in the next year...I'm keeping it easy to make sure that I will succeed).

1. Read 1 new book every month.
2. Go to the temple at least once a month.
3. Call a different friend every week to chat.
4. Do something I'm scared of.
5. Hold hands with a boy I actually like.
6. Drink more water.
7. Go on a road trip to somewhere I've never been.
8. Read the entire Book of Mormon.
9. Buy a plant.
10. Visit a psychic.
11. Take a train instead of a plane.
12. Spend time with all of my nieces and nephews.
13. Watch every movie that I own.
14. Organize/clean out my entire room.
15. Figure out a miracle way to get rid of acne.
16. Write an actual letter to someone.
17. Learn to cook dinners.
18. Make my own pickles.
19. Visit Roswell, NM.
20. Learn to play the guitar.
21. Do something that I've never done before.
22. Learn to play at least one song on the piano.
23. Create a 72 hour kit.
24. Do better about keeping in touch with my extended family.
25. Pay off a credit card.
26. Shoot a gun (at a target that is).
27. Pay my tithing faithfully every month.
28. Love myself.

2 comments:

Rachel Wagner. said...

Hey maybe we could check a few of these off the list when I come to visit over Memorial Day. For instance, we could make pickles! My mom has a good recipe.

Eric said...

I love lists. You have some great things to accomplish this year. Good luck. I've already crossed off several things from my list, it's fun!