4.11.2008

Tripping



I find that the closer I get to going on a big trip, the more I worry about actually getting there.  When Hawaii was still a month away, I could think of little else but laying on the beach all day.  And now that it is right around the corner, all I can think about are the ways that a plane could go down mid-flight.  It just doesn't seem natural to be so high up in the air.  Especially when you don't have any control over it.  


Last night I thought about a bunch of different options:
Mechanical problems
Hijacking
Suicidal pilots
Hitting a bird
Breaking in half due to some unforeseen circumstance (thanks Lost for that one)
Storm

Basically, I laid in bed and came up with a bunch of different scenarios.  Rationally, I know it is ridiculous to be scared of flying (just like I know that it is ridiculous to be scared of spired), but I just can't quite talk myself out of being scared.  I need some kind of relaxation techniques (or Zantax) to help me calm down and actually get there.  I just need to get past my scared phase and start enjoying the fact that in 24 hours, I will be on the first leg of my trip to Hawaii.  

And I will post more when I get back in 2 weeks.  Aloha!

No comments: