4.29.2008

A little mixed-up


My very favorite young adult fiction book of all time is From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konisburg. If you have not yet read it, I highly recommend it. It is an easy read but incredibly amusing. Of course, this comes from a girl who was obsessed with reading Nancy Drew and Babysitters Club and Boxcar Children. I love books about children that can make it on their own. Come to think of it, I still love books about people who are able to overcome odds in order to survive. Because even though I am highly unlikely to suddenly run away to a Smithsonian, there are plenty of times that I need to realize that I have the courage and the ability to make it on my own, shoud it become necessary. Sidenote...I am not in any way saying that I want to make it on my own. I love being around other people and I need those people and I hope those people need me. It's just nice to know that I could do it! If you have a spare afternoon, read away, you won't be disappointed.

No comments: