4.28.2008

Just another Manic Monday


First of all, congratulation to Texann and Spencer on their little baby!  Although I haven't seen pictures yet, I'm sure he will be adorable.  And I look forward to the day when he becomes a famous athlete!

It makes me feel really old that all of my friends are starting to have babies (and that some are on their second or more).  It's funny that the fact that I'm turning 26 in a week doesn't make me feel old.  It's just when I look around and realize that everyone is now doing completely "grown-up" things and I still feel like I haven't grown up yet.

It reminds me of when I ran into Rachel Smith (from Helaman Halls fame) and she asked what I was doing. When I told her that I had just graduated with my master's and I was working as a counselor, she commented on how "grown-up" I am!  And I am looking at her with her three kids and her husband with their new house and I'm thinking Who is the grown-up?

Not that I'm unhappy with where I am in my life...I love my job (most days) and I love who I've become.  But sometimes it does feel like I still have more living to do.

1 comment:

Eliza said...

How is Rachel doing...I added her on Facebook but we haven't really chatted or anything.

I think you're grown up. I don't think I'll be truly grown up until I take a trip to Hawaii. I've never been.

Congrats to Texann, what's the baby's name?