9.16.2009

I saw a trailer for New Moon yesterday which reminded me...

I once totally saw a werewolf. People think I'm delusional and what I really saw was a huge bull elk but I know better...I saw the mythical werewolf (except I guess since I've actually seen it, it is no longer mythical because that implies that it isn't real).

Which reminded me that I am currently reading "The Last Olympian" in the Lightning Thief series and it is a-ma-zing. It makes me believe that other mythical beings might also exist in real life...and living above New York.

Which reminded me that I can't wait to read Catching Fire...the sequel to Hunger Games. I read Hunger Games this summer and I am totally obsessed. It was an awesome book.

Which reminded me that yesterday I had book club and we are getting ready to read Water for Elephants which apparently some people feel is a little too risque for a book club taking place in Blanding Utah. I loved the controversy so I'm even more excited to read it.

Which reminded me that Twilight is apparently also controversial in some Utah communities (trust me...I had a whole "conversation"/"argument" about this one).

Which reminded me that I can't wait to see New Moon. Because I'm hoping that it wasn't Jacob that I saw on the side of the road.

3 comments:

Morgan said...

I wish you could fly here and we could see New Moon together!!! I am so excited to see it!

I love when you post about the books you're reading...I can always count on you to give good book recomendations! I just started Hunger Games because another lady at church (who gives me tons of new books to read when she's finished) said it was amazing!

And I'm sorry I missed your call last night :( I'll try to call soon- I can't wait to talk to you!!

Cody and Nicole said...

I can't wait to see new moon! I have decided when I go I'm going to get a black T-shirt and iron on a big full moon right on my pregnant belly. haha

Eliza said...

My mom is obsessed with Hunger Games also. I haven't read it...

I haven't read anything in forever. But I would love to read and discuss a risque-for-Blanding book particularly in Blanding.

I am going to the library today, so perhaps I will pick a few of these up. If they are there.