9.29.2009

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'-George Bernard Shaw

I had a dream last night that I was spending time in Tokyo. Ya know, because I've spent so much of my real life in Tokyo that I know exactly what it looks like. And I had to get on this elevator that was eerily similar to the great glass elevator in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. But I was squished into this one corner with the bell hop (speaking of which...do bell hops even still exist in real life) because people kept getting on and no one would stop them. I literally couldn't move at all. Then the elevator started moving sideways and down and up all over Tokyo. I personally was headed to a metro stop where I thought my friends might be waiting for me, I have no idea where everyone else was headed.

Then the guy sitting next to me said we had to stop at this factory place so a worker could check out his glasses. Instead of the light in the glasses turning on, his glasses kept fogging up. Because those two things are obviously connected, and it is obviously necessary to have a little tiny light inside of your glasses. The lady couldn't fix the glasses though, sad news for dream man.

I got off the elevator but my friends were still no where to be found. Too bad I had to be squished in an imaginary dream elevator with way too many people for so long for no reason. Why can't my dream world be a little nicer to me?

No comments: