1.05.2010

I really truly had such a great break. I only got sick once and it was on a traveling day when I already feel yucky anyway. So I can't complain too much about that (even though if you know me at all then you also know that I can't not complain at all, I'm a complainer at heart).

I debated all day how to share all of my stories with you and I finally decided that rather than go on forever in one post, I will give you my top five favorite things that happened over break. So here goes:

(Okay, before I actually get going I have to throw in a disclaimer. These top five events are in no particular order...except for maybe the order in which they happened I guess.)

My number one....

I got to visit with one of my oldest bff's. Someone who is family to me and who remembers my family when we were actually a family. Someone who knows Clayton and has actual stories about him. Someone who I spent Thanksgivings and Christmas' with. Someone who still means the world to me. My friend Bekah. She is still just as beautiful and fun and thoughtful as she was when I saw her last 8 years ago.

That's right people, somehow 8 years passed and we hadn't seen each other.

But somehow that didn't even matter. It was like no time passed at all. In fact, I think we bored the other people we had lunch with to death with all of our "remember when's...." We talked, we laughed, we cried. We remembered better times and worst times. And I walked away feeling like it was the best conversation that I had had in ages.

It was the perfect start to a wonderful break. My one regret? That we didn't take a single picture at lunch. Nothing to document that we did, in fact, see each other. Of course, it will be way sooner than 8 years when we see each other next so I'll get some pictures then. And I'll have proof that it actually happened.

2 comments:

Bekah: said...

Oh Camille. You described my feelings perfectly. What a lovely lunch. I found myself wishing you lived close by so that it could happen more often. But I'm partially consoled that you are less than 8 hours away. "Better times and worst times" We were always there for each other during those times, and seeing you renewed my feelings that you were meant to be in my life for a reason and I had better do better at keeping in touch. See you very soon, I hope. Love you.

Rachel Wagner. said...

It sounds like a perfect afternoon. I hope you get to do it again soon. I know what you mean about forgetting to take pictures. That happens to me all of the time. You think with such a photographic family I would remember more!