1.12.2010

Numbers 2 and 3...because I can

I woke up with huge bags under my eyes this morning. Mostly because I didn't sleep last night. Well, I guess I must have slept at least a little bit since I did wake up!

But you know what I'm saying. Those nights when you are up every hour on the hour. When you wake up thinking about the million things that are currently going on in your life. So you know that even while you are "sleeping" your brain is trying to work out solutions to everything that is currently causing stress.

That was me. Last night. The bags and dark circles under my eyes prove it. Work has been stressful. The currently living situation has been stressful. Planning for everyone to come visit has been stressful (plus super exciting!!!). I keep thinking-one more month and it will all be over.

Of course, in one more month there will probably be a whole new set of things to keep me stressed.

But I decided to take a break from worrying about life and actually finish what I started last week. And so I present to you...

My number 2 favorite thing that happened this break:

Having the best Christmas morning with my mom and little sister plus her cute family. No big surprise, I woke up Christmas morning sick and then realized that my camera battery had died. Apparently there will never again be pictures on this blog! Despite being sick, it was a beautiful Christmas morning.

It had been years since I had been home for Christmas. And years since I had spent Christmas with little kids. The excitement over Santa Clause coming was contagious. Santa...aka my mom...completely spoiled me. I told her she gave me way too much but I secretly (or not so secretly) loved it all.

There was a fire and sticky buns and stockings...I felt just like I had when I was a little kid. Loved, loved, loved it.

Of course, Christmas break/Christmas morning was also wonderful because I got to meet one of the cutest baby girls ever. Which leads me to number 3. I know, right? Lucky you to get 2 of my favorite things in one post!

Meet my newest niece. Adorable, right?


I don't really have to say anything to explain why she is in my list. She's tiny and snuggly and totally snores. Kinda loudly. And it is so endearing. Maybe I'll have Britt send me the video we took of Molly snoring. And you'll fall in love with her too.

3 comments:

Summer said...

Ahhh, stress. Isn't it fun. ;-)

My new thing is that I'm trying to just stay in the moment. Not worry about what happened in the past, and not worry about things that haven't happened yet in the future. But, just stay in THIS moment.

Seems to help a bit!

Tex said...

I toldly remember those sticky buns! They were soooo yummy! I am glad you had a good Christmas! Miss you!

Jennifer said...

K, Camille, I couldn't sleep last night because I was thinking about life too much. We must be related. I was worrying about everything and anything, I had to tell my brain to just stop (which it didn't). I am hoping tonight I can sleep okay. I just need to relax....before I got to bed. Good luck to you tonight too!