2.08.2010

I can always tell when I look at old pictures if it was a time in my life when I was really, truly happy. You can see it in the eyes and the smile. You can tell whether I'm feeling confident or insecure. Whether I think I look fat or whether I don't really care. Whether I'm living in the moment or letting everything build up until it is too much to handle.

I think if I took a picture of myself right now, I'd look pretty much like I look in this one:



I was happy in this picture. Happy about where I was in life and with who I was.

I feel the same way now. I'm happy with the path my life has taken, even though it was completely unexpected. I'm grateful to have old friends that know me and understand me and love me and I'm grateful for new friends who I get to completely reinvent myself with. I'm excited for where my life will go next and what lies around the next bend. I'm excited for new opportunities to grow and change. I'm content with the choices I have made thus far. I'm happy.

3 comments:

Bekah: said...

Camille! I am so proud of you for {choosing} to be happy! I think happiness is a choice. And sometimes amidst life's circumstances it is a HARD choice!

I love you.

Eliza said...

I'm happy you're happy!

And, I'm also enjoying the expression on your roommate's face...the blonde one whose name I really can't remember right now...

Dan and Cassie said...

You girls are crazy!! I always remember you all having so much fun together! I am sooooo glad that our families have stayed so close for so many years! You are such a wonderful person! \