2.24.2010

After a lot of thinking the past few days, I decided that it was time to take some action. There are all kinds of things that I always talk about doing but then never actually follow through on.

Yesterday I decided that now is the time for action. No more just thinking about it and debating about it. So this morning I started on my first step to the new me...

Getting healthy.

I've been talking about getting healthy/losing weight for like the past five years. I have even given it some half-hearted attempts. But I never fully committed myself. I have some ideas of why I never did but I won't bore you with all of my inner drama. The point is, this time I'm committed.

(If you need further proof that I'm inspired, I got online this morning and found this post from one of my new favorite blogs)

My goal for day 1? Make better eating choices. Drink water. Take vitamins. Do all the things (in regards to eating) that I know I should be doing and none of the things that I know I shouldn't be. Each day I'll add in something else that will make me a better person. Closer to the person that I ultimately want to be.

Now I just need your support (and your prayers) that I can keep the commitment that I have now.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

You have my support dear! I could've written this post myself...except that I can't seem to stay committed! I'm proud of you for taking action- and just doing it! I've realized that getting healthy & losing weight is made up of lots of little daily choices...easier said than done!

Cass and I started a blog to help us with this process. We can add you to be an author if you ever want to contribute- right now we're just posting our weekly weigh-ins, recipes, and advice we find. Let me know & I'll send you an invite!

Bekah: said...

You are in my prayers! I am so proud of you. Keep it up. Stay positive. Here a little, there a little. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!