2.12.2010

Sunday is Valentine's Day. A day that constantly reminds those of us that are single...that we are still single.

Coupled people get flowers and chocolates and jewelry.

Single people get sympathy and a box from their mom (not that I'm complaining about getting a box from my mom, I love getting packages!!! I'm just complaining that it's not a box from some cute guy who obviously has a crush on me).

But I still can't help but like Valentine's Day. Maybe because it reminds me of the things that I do have in my life.

In honor of the day of love, here are some things that I love:

Number 1...my cute little nieces/nephew





Number 2...my mama and my sisters (I love my dad and brother as well of course)


(If you are wondering if that is the back of my mom's head...it is. She hates taking pictures so it's the best I could do)

Number 3...my bestest friends




Plus a few more million things that I love. Like my bestest friends growing up (Morgan, Bekah, Tara, Jessica) who hold a special place in my heart. Hawaii. traveling. chocolate. good TV. Pride and Prejudice. a good book. a Diet Coke. a comfy bed. owls. shopping. cowboy hats. rain boots. sunny days. Cafe Rio pork anything. my extended family. haunted houses. the internet. And most importantly, a loving Father and two brothers watching out for me from up above.

I may not have someone special to celebrate Valentine's Day with, but my heart is still filled with a whole lot of love.

4 comments:

Summer said...

See, there you go. You just gotta make it about the loved ones and then the day becomes special. =)

Eric said...

Hey, what about your favorite cousins... like me! I guess that would be included in extended family, huh? Cute way to honor a love holiday.

Bekah: said...

Awwww I LOVE YOU! I love this post and your attitude towards life! I just think you are the greatest. And if I do say so myself you have EXTRA cute nieces and nephews.

I am still so sad that I didn't get to see your Momma!

Any plans for a trip to Mesa soon?

Camille said...

Jen, of course you are included in extended family...I love you! And Bekah...I love you too! I want to come to Mesa soon. I have a friend having a reception there at the end of March. Maybe then?