3.01.2010


I love when you are moving along in your life and you suddenly have a revelation. A small simple revelation but one that completely changes the way that you see things.

For too long I have suffered with thinking I am not good enough. Not skinny enough, not pretty enough, not smart enough, overall just not good enough.

And then on Sunday, my newest friend Stephanie told me that she was looking through my fb pictures and that I look exactly like my littlest sister. And it suddenly struck me. I can't be "not pretty enough" because I know that Chelsey is beautiful.

Now every time that I start to have those negative thoughts rolling around in my head telling me that I'm just not pretty enough, I think...if I look like Chelsey, things must be better than what I see in the mirror.
I obviously still have a long way to go with the whole self-esteem thing but it's one step in the right direction. And it's all about baby steps, right?

And if you are wondering how my healthy eating committment is going, I'll just tell you it's going great. I'm still motivated and still working hard. I have exercised (mostly walking but like I said, baby steps) for 5 days in a row and been eating healthy for 6. I feel better and the scale implies that I'm doing something right since it's showing that I've already lost 6 pounds. Hooray for me!

3 comments:

Bekah: said...

Yes Chelsey is gorgeous and yes so are you. I am glad you finally realize that. Everytime you doubt it, go to the temple. You'll be reminded who you really are!

6 pounds!!! WAHOO!!! GREAT JOB! Keep it up. You inspire me.

Eric said...

Having good self esteem in todays world is so hard to achieve. I feel like the older I get the more comfortable I am with ME. You are so beautiful, Camille, and the healthier you are the better you will feel. I didn't realize how out of shape I have become until I started to really work out the last couple of weeks. But I do feel better about myself. It's not just because I fit better into my clothes but because my body feels better. Keep up the good work. Love you.

Eliza said...

You do look just like each other, and, Camille, you are stunning! Your big blue eyes in particular and infectious smile too. Hooray for you and I'm glad you are feeling healthy!