10.09.2008

101 Things

For those of you that know Jackie, you know that she is incredibly inspiring. I learned so much for her freshman year and I feel like I became a better person just from being around her. Now, although I haven't seen her in years, I have her blog to help keep me on track! She compiled a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days and I decided that I wanted to do the same. It's a good way to actually get me going on all the things that I say I am going to do. Here goes!

Starting: October 10, 2008 (tomorrow of course...you can't start something new today!)

Finishing: July 7, 2011


1.Take a photography class
2. Write hand-written letters to the people that I love
3. Date an amazing guy (maybe even get married but I don't want to jinx it!)
4. Actually finish a cross stitch that I have started
5. Visit another country
6. Pay off 3 credit cards
7. Take a dance class
8. Create a 72 hour kit and some kind of food storage
9. Lose weight by exercising and eating healthfully
10. Finish the Book of Mormon
11. Find a job I love
12. Read Shakespeare
13. Learn to cook at least 1 gourmet dish
14. Keep a gratitude journal for a month
15. See another Broadway show
16. Finish making my own scripture cover
17. Leave a thank you note for a complete stranger
18. Learn to change a tire
19. Go to the dentist (without dental insurance it's hard to get there)
20. Build a fire and make my dinner over it
21. Memorize 3 hymns
22. Learn to play a song on the piano
23. Go to a classical music concert
24. Make a new life-long friend
25. Not gossip for a month
26. Take a jazzercise class (if they still exist when I move back to civilization)
27. Go to a movie by myself
28. Plan a surprise party
29. Go roller skating
30. Go to a session of general conference
31. Leave a $20 tip for someone
32. Plant a tree
33. Get a family picture taken
34. Go through the temple
35. Play my flute in front of someone
36. Write to my grandparents once a month
37. Perfect the art of cookie baking
38. Keep a dream journal
39. Work on my family history
40. Bear my testimony
41. Get together with my old college friends
42. Learn sign language
43. Win something
44. Buy myself a diamond (maybe with the money I win from number 43!!)
45. Make homemade pickles
46. Go swimming in the ocean
47. Paint my antique TV stand
48. Hike Mt Timp
49. Go to my 10 year reunion and enjoy it
50. Learn how to make amazing sweet rolls
51. Teach a holiday craft
52. Go to enrichment (at least once!)
53. Not buy anything new for a full month
54. Not eat out for an entire month
55. Find an old friend and reconnect
56. Write a letter/email to an old teacher/professor
57. Buy a kitchen table
58. Use my smoothie maker
59. Print off inspiring talks and compile them for easy reference
60. Write in my journal a couple of times
61. Give money to a homeless person
62. Join a group
63. Buy a bicycle
64. Dress up for Halloween every year
65. Read the Christmas story every year
66. Make my own soap
67. Take a road trip to somewhere I've never been before
68. Get a plant and keep it alive
69. Finish a drawing and give it to my mom
70. Make meaningful Christmas presents for those closest to me
71. Learn the basics of sewing
72. Not complain for a full day about my stomach
73. Take my medicine for a full month
74. Give blood for the first time
75. Learn to paint little flowers on my toenails
76. Watch a documentary on something that matters
77. Recycle
78. Watch a sunrise
79. Take the time to listen to someone who is having a bad day
80. Actively participate in an institute class
81. Decorate a cake...and I mean really decorate
82. Send a "just because" package to someone
83. Ride a train instead of taking a plane
84. Go camping...in a tent
85. Memorize a really good scary story
86. Go to a different church's Sunday service
87. Ride in a limo
88. Have a conversation with a complete stranger
89. Write a poem and share it
90. Get some counseling (I figure everyone needs it and I haven't tried it)
91. Ride a moped/motorcycle
92. Send flowers to someone
93. Do something I'm scared of
94. Make friends with people who aren't my "typical" friends
95. Visit an art museum
96. See a community or high school play
97. Go to a football game
98. Teach cat's cradle to a younger cousin
99. Visit a psychic
100. Repent for visiting the aforementioned psychic
101. Love myself

Disclosure: These are not necessarily in order of priority...I just wrote as they came to me

4 comments:

Eric said...

What a great list! I've been thinking about doing this same thing, maybe I really should. Cute blog, glad I can keep up with you now that you're so far away.

Morgan said...

I'm jealous you have a smoothie maker! And you're brave for writing number 49...go to the reunion and actually enjoy it? :) Hopefully the Fab.Four can all meet up and enjoy it together!

And I'm sure Dallin would love to take a plane ride to UT to visit you, but since I don't even like flying alone...I imagine I really won't like flying with him :P I know it's a bad excuse not to visit, but I'm just too chicken! I try not to let him, but sometimes he rules my life :)

Bekah: said...

I can help you with #67... come visit us in Snowflake this Christmas!

What a great list. I especially love the physic and repent. Too funny.

Jackie said...

Yeah- I love your list! Isn't it fun? I'm so excited to do all of them. Plus it makes me feel not so slothish after graduating from college - ya know? I'm so happy you have a blog now and I can see the going on of your life. I'd love to see you and have you meet Manix. We'll (hopefully) be moving in Dec to.... anywhere. Well almost anywhere. Do you have any plans to come up here soon?