1.26.2011

I've been feeling kinda blah lately. I haven't been satisfied with the way I look or the way I do my job or my relationships with other people.

I've been feeling a lot of the not good enough blues.

Which probably, most likely, definitely stem from me comparing myself to other people instead of just appreciating who I am.

Then I taught relief society on Sunday and while I was teaching I thought, enough is enough. I need to change my attitude.

So this week I have focused on changing the things I can and letting go of everything else.



I've worked hard to make my prayers more meaningful and consistent along with my scripture study.

I got contacts. Because even though people thought I looked fine with glasses and some people like me better with glasses, I felt like I wasn't pretty. And why suffer with thinking I don't look pretty with something that is so easy to change? So contacts are in.

Today I pick up my prescription for accutane so I can finally forever be rid of my oily skin and lovely breakouts. I can't wait for a few months when it will be finished!

And I've been waking up and actually getting ready for work. Picking out cute outfits and making sure my hair and make-up are done.

And guess what? My attitude really has improved. I've stopped talking down to myself and (tried) to stop comparing myself to others. I'm trying to use my self-talk to focus on what I do well instead of the things that I need to work on.

It's a constant battle but I'll take a small victory.

1 comment:

Bekah: said...

That is awesome. I am so proud of you. It always surprises me that it is usually a matter of changing a few little things to feel a big difference!

LOVE YOU