5.07.2008

On This Day....



Okay, so here's what has happened on May 7 in past years:

1982:  I was born!  Yeah!
1833: Apparently so was Johannes Brahm
1945: Germany signed an unconditional surrender at Allied headquarters in Rheims, France, to take effect the following day, ending the European conflict of WWII.
1881: This appeared in Harper's Weekly (apparently this is a cartoon about the New York National Guard)
1994: Norway's most famous painting, "The Scream" by Edvard Munch, was recovered almost 3 months after it was stolen
1966: "Monday, Monday" by the Mamas and Papas, hits the top of the charts-the first hit by a coed group

So in other words, May 7 is not the most exciting day in history.

2 comments:

Eliza said...

Happy Birthday, Camille! I thought of you today. Your birthday is written on my calendar. (I have a hard time remembering birthdays sometimes if they are not written on my calendar.) Are you going to do anything fun??

Camille said...

Thanks Eliza! I'm not doing much tonight...just having dinner at my apartment and then going out for ice cream. We are going out on Saturday..it's too hard to go out on a school night!