9.25.2008

Missing him still


Today I am at a loss for words. I find that on this day, my thoughts are all with Clayton. It's amazing that after 14 years I can still miss him so much. I miss the person that he was and I miss the person that he never got to be. I am grateful, however, for the time that I got to spend with him because he was the type of kid that you couldn't help liking-he loved everyone and everyone loved him in return. He was cute and mischevious and curious and kind. He is the perfect example of who I hope to become someday.

3 comments:

Bekah: said...

Is today the 14th year anniversary of his passing? As I think back to that day so many memories flood my mind. Both sweet and sad. I remember a few weeks before we had Sunday dinner together Your Mom's amazing rolls, Our Dad's playing chess,the younger girls upstairs playing barbies. Clayton was so happily playing going from group to group. I remember he had his dogs and I also remember him begging us to go play outside with him. That day was my last real memory of him. I just remember how happy and cute he was and he had everyone wrapped around his finger.

I remember that Sunday. Crying with you in the bathroom. Hugging you. Feeling your loss though not nearly as acutely as you were feeling it.

Days like this are so hard. If I were with you we'd throw a Clayton party and make his favorite food (do you know what it was?) and play with plastic puppies!

Thinking of you today. Love you.

Eliza said...

I didn't know today was the day. I thought it was sometime in early fall, though, since the first time I meet you 8 years ago was in the fall. (8 years ago?!)

I will always remember when you first shared Clayton's story with me. I am so sorry that you didn't get to see him grow up, but I am happy that you have such fond memories of him as a little child.

Thinking of you and sending love your way today!

Eliza said...

spelling correction: MET, not meet.