9.11.2008

When they said remote...

For those of you out there who have started to worry that something tragic has happened to me (i.e. falling off a rock formation, bitten by a black widow, eaten by coyotes), I am here to let you know that none of the above has happened...yet. I am sorry that I have been so out of touch for the past month. When I planned on moving to Halchita, UT, I hadn't fully comprehended what everyone meant when they said that it was "remote". Obviously by remote, they meant that it would take me over a month to get any form of tv or internet, that there are literally no people my age, and when I'm sitting in my house, I very rarely hear any kind of noise.

Now, don't get me wrong, there are some things that are amazing out here. The view from my windows in absolutely amazing and has made me start sketching, which has been very enjoyable. My housing is amazing and incredibly cheap and I have plenty of time for myself. But being by myself all of the time has made me start to feel incredibly lonely. I miss being around people my own age and I miss having things to do. Mostly, I just miss civilization! But I finally have internet access so I plan on keeping my blog updated!

Stay tuned....

3 comments:

Bekah: said...

e-mail me your number and a good time to call. maybe talking on the phone will help ease the adjustment. plus, i'd love to catch up!

Morgan said...

I am sooo excited you're back! I've really missed your blogs! I hope school's going well- have you been to the branch yet? It was so great to talk to you a few weeks ago, I really needed that! I can't wait to hear more about your adventures and I would love to see pics. too! Have a great weekend!

Shelley Family said...

Hey Camille! I miss living near you too! Let me know if you are ever in AF or anywhere close by so we can get together. I hope the counseling job is going well