9.30.2008

October

In honor of October approaching rapidly, I have officially decided on my Halloween costume! Each year I end up waiting too long and then I have to wear something lame because I don't have time to find what I really want/I don't know how to sew and can't make it myself. Perhaps I was inspired by the haunted house that I went to the other night (Nightmare on 13th in SLC is pretty good...not the scariest I've been too but the special effects were pretty darn good) or maybe I just have too much time on my hands but this year I made my decision early. I have decided to be a bat!


(made from a black umbrella) and if it all works out right I'll end up looking something like this:


I'm not sure about the ears though, they might get in the way. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Bekah: said...

so i am laughing and remembering when there was a bat in your brunswick house. if i recall you had just watched Dracula too. I always thought that story needed to end up in readers digest!

post the story, if i still remember it it must have been hilarious.

and for the record, i HATE bats! they creep me out...

Morgan said...

I have never seen anything like this! You will definitely stand out in a crowd! :) I looked at the instructions to make it and I was lost after reading the first part...you are a brave woman to attempt that! Where are you wearing it? Do you have a Halloween Party to go to? Good Luck with it & post pics. with the finished product!

Also-I think you should make the ears like they did. They might get in the way, but I think they complete the look :)