1.22.2009

16 Songs I Just Can't Help Singing Along With

Disclaimer: These are in no particular order

1. Eternal Flame-The Bangles: I don't remember the first time I heard this song and I can't remember when I became attached to it but I seriously love this song and every time it comes on the radio, you'll hear me singing every word loudly
2. You're the Inspiration-Chicago: By now all of you should know about my obsession with Chicago and this is probably my all-time favorite from them
3. Motorcycle Drive By-Third Eye Blind: The first time I heard this song was in Waffle House in Frederick, MD with my senior homecoming and prom date...Chris. We were trying to pick a song that we could exit the car from on prom night (we would be exiting the car onto a red carpet in front of the high school surrounded by members of the community...it was a small town!)
4. Killing Me Softly-Fugees: I already liked the song before the movie "About a Boy" but after seeing the movie, I always have to sing along with my eyes closed! Pray that I'm not driving!
5. Rodeo-Garth Brooks: Garth Brooks is one of the first artisits that I remember listening to. I remember hanging out with my dad, listening to Garth on the radio in the basement of our house in Idaho.
6. Closing Time-Semisonic: Another one of those songs that I can't remember when I first heard it or why I liked it so much but now it is just a part of me.
7. I'll Stand By You-The Pretenders: This song always, always, always brings a tear to my eye
8. Walking Into Spiderwebs-No Doubt: My quintessential high school song-even if I don't hear this song for a couple years, I sitll remember every single word.
9. Total Eclipse of the Heart-Bonnie Tyler: This one is full of memories-the car trip to Tex's wedding where Meg and I replayed this song a million times so that we could learn all the words, making people wait inside the house while Meg and I finished listening to the song in the car, American Idol night in the AF ward....
10. Love Song-Sara Bareilles: This one is just catchy and every time it rolls around on my ipod (or if it happens to be playing on the radio which is rare since I only get 2 stations out here and one is country), I get super pumped
11. Any song from the Grease soundtrack: I grew up watching this movie (at least from my preteen years on) and I know every word pretty much by heart. Random memory-standing on the breakfast bar at my house in MD and making my sisters stand on the barstools while I was the main singer and they were my back ups.
12. Losing My Religion-REM: Perhaps one of the only songs that I can say that I like that I first heard from my brother. We don't have much musical taste in common but I first heard this song when he was in early high school and it caught me.
13. I'm Yours-Jason Mraz: This one reminds me of road trips with Jake and Angie...it comes on and we all start singing along!
14. I Don't Want To Miss a Thing-Aerosmith: Another one that reminds me of road trips...Megan would keep restarting this song until I sang it "right" so now the words are permanently etched onto my brain
15. Hey There Delilah-Plain White T's: I just like it. Period. End of story.
16. Summer Girls-LFO: Another song from the high school days...and the only boy band that made the list. Random.

1 comment:

Rachel Wagner. said...

I can confirm singing along with you on almost all of these songs. Although I don't know if I knew about the No Doubt. Hey, a classic is just that a classic...