1.21.2009



One of my goals for this year is to figure out what I want to do with my life. I want to find a job I love and go with it. Which makes me wonder...if I could have any job, what would I pick?

I enjoy being a counselor and there are some days that I would even say I love it. But there are other days where I would much rather be anywhere else. Does everyone feel like that in their job?

I guess it's all about the ratio...I need to figure out if I love my job more days than I want to be anywhere else.

3 comments:

Joan said...

Honestly, I think no matter what someone does, there will be days she wishes she were somewhere else. I just know that for me, I'm doing EXACTLY what I want. I'm a graphic designer, I get to be my own boss, I get to make greeting cards AND I get to stay at home with my kids. But guess what! There are days I honestly don't like my job. I hope your goal is accomplished! :)

Tricia said...

I totally relate... sometimes I love my job and sometimes (like the last two weeks) I think that I should just role with my new flower business... it seems like less people would be making me sit through long dumb pointless meetings... Then again, I think I'd miss it if I left. Would you miss it? I think that's the best thing for me to think about...

And FYI, we will be looking for a counselor at my school next year... don't know if its a good school (We have LOTS of kids with major issues) but it would be fun to work with you :) and I'll be looking for a new roommate... my sisters getting hitched in two months... :(

Rachel Wagner. said...

Everyone has those days. You are right it depends on the proportions. plus, your coworkers and environment can have a big effect on your overall enjoyment of the job. Pray about it. If I have learned anything it is that the Lord cares about what we are doing while we work. See where He needs you and then have the guts to do it!