1.08.2009

Welcome 2009

Every story has a beginning, middle and end. My Christmas story was no different. It began with a treachorous drive through Monticello, then through Green River, and then from Price all the way to Provo. I think I spent a full 2 hours driving up a mountain at 30 mph, praying the whole time that I wouldn't drive off the side or that a car in front of me wouldn't stop suddenly. I guess when they strongly recommend having chains on your tires, it is for a reason. I did make it safely though and dindn't even get stuck until I got all the way to my grandpa's driveway in Provo. Success!

The middle of my story took place in Seattle and consisted of some awesome times-seeing half of my family, holding my cute little niece, thrift store shopping, book shopping, getting a DS (finally...after asking for one for like 5 years...and yes, I know that I am 26 but I also live all by myself in a place where there is nothing to do...HGTV can only entertain me for so long), and having a nice, warm place to stay while it stormed like crazy outside. But what kind of story would it be without drama-there was also a family fight (not unusual for my family), lots of big announcements, and everyone crying.





The end of my story consisted of spending time with just me and Chelsey (a cute new haircut and a trip to Pike's Place included), spending a couple days with my UT county friends and family, and then an awesome sledding trip in Blanding where we tied a sled to a 3-wheeler and rode up and down the snow covered driveway. It was the best way to end Christmas break.




So, in a nutshell, that was my Christmas story. Exciting as usual, but what else can you expect from a Rowley family vacation? And don't worry...I still haven't finished unpacking yet.

1 comment:

Cody and Nicole said...

I'm glad you had a good break and that you were safe. I'm just sorry we didn't get to see eachother more.