10.02.2008

Brothers Birthdays and Bats

First off, happy birthday (yesterday) to my big brother...who is now officially old!

And in honor of his birthday (and per Bekah's requset), I will share the story about the bat in the Brunswick house! Unfortunately, I wasn't present for the excitment but I think I've heard the story enough times to tell it fairly accurately.

One year, my mom took me and my sisters on vacation (to Utah I believe) which left Brandon and my dad home alone. Since they never got to watch scary movies with us girls around, they decided to check out Dracula. They watched the movie in the scary Brunswick house (which isn't actually scary but it is really old and it would be more exciting for the story if it was a scary house) and when they finished, they heard noises coming from upstairs. They went to investigate and found that the noise was actually coming from the attic. When they opened the attic door, a bat flew down! Keep in mind that we have never had a bat problem and they had just finished watching Dracula. Needless to say, they didn't get much sleep that night thinking that Dracula himself might be living in our house!

I haven't seen a bat since...but for all I know, they still live in the attic and wake up at night to hunt humans!

2 comments:

Bekah: said...

oh funny. thanks for sharing that story! you're right the brunswick house wasn't scary but it moaned and groaned a lot. maybe what we thought were the walls were really the bats?!

Cody and Nicole said...

I just wanted you to know that I did see your comment on my blog. Are you still having problems emailing me? I miss you. Are you coming back to Utah County again soon?