12.22.2008

Over and Out

I heard on the radio this morning that Oprah must be on to something with that Gratitude journal because people who are grateful are happier, wealthier, healthier..and probably some other iers...I just can't remember exactly what.

So as I close up my blog for 2008, I'm thinking about the things that I am grateful for this year:





-My family...especially my mom who I have grown even closer to and who has been so incredibly supportive
-Cell phones and internet...so that I can keep in touch with the people who mean the most to me
-New friends...the Blanding bunch has helped me through some rough times and I so grateful to have met some "normal" people
-Old friends...people who know me and understand me and love me despite all that! I'm grateful for the people who understand that friendship is more than talking all the time or being in close proximity or surrending your own needs-friendship is loving someone and being willing to give all you have for them if necessary-it's a give and take relationship
-Internet shopping...I probably would not have survived this long out here if it weren't for Old Navy online
-A job...even though it is not the job that I thought I would have-I am incredibly grateful for the experiences that I am having and for the people I am getting to know. Living here is a great way to realize how much most of us have and take for granted.
-And most of all, I'm grateful for someone who knows me better than perhaps I know myself and who understands why I am the person I am and who can forgive me for all of my mistakes...I'm grateful for a Heavenly Father who provides for me daily and who gives me just enough strength to do the things that He wants me to do.

And I'm grateful to all of you guys! I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. You'll hear from me again in 2009!

2 comments:

ASP said...

meryy christmass, the family happy up to old.. nice blog

Eliza said...

such a nice list. merry christmas and happy new year!!