12.02.2009

I love December. Listening to Christmas music. Wearing warm coats and mittens and scarves. The smell of pine trees and cinnamon and fires burning. Singing Christmas carols. Giving presents. Making snow angels.

Seriously, could anything be better? And this year, December started off with a bang. (Okay, fine...it was actually November 30 but I totally thought it was December 1st so it counts...don't fight me on this one). We, as in the Blanding single's group, went Christmas caroling. Which isn't my favorite thing to do so I fully intended on mouthing it the entire time. But instead I actually felt like singing. And sing I did. While riding through town on a hay ride. I felt like a little kid again. In a good way. Then we had hot cocoa and hung out by the heater until our little toes and noses warmed up and then we played a rousing game of Apples to Apples. I hadn't had that much fun in a long time.

The 2 days since then haven't been quite as Christmasy but they've still been pretty dang good. I've broken out the Christmas music and the sweaters (and soon my boots will be out and ready for wearing...they are still in storage so I have to find the time to search for them). I'm looking forward to the next 3 weeks leading up to Christmas eve. What are you looking forward to?

3 comments:

Eric said...

I too love everything about Christmas. I loved reading this post because I feel exactly the same way. That evening sounds like so much fun. I love feeling like a little kid sometimes. Just last week I slept over at my grandma's house and I loved it. Eric was teasing me that I wanted to relive my childhood and he was so right if just for one night. I look forward to these next 3 weeks too and just wish it were more like 8. Where are you going for Christmas this year?

Camille said...

I'll be in MD for Christmas...playing with Britt's new baby which will be super fun! We should totally have a cousin sleepover at Grandpa's house sometime. We can even check out Wait Until Dark. Awww....memories.

Rachel Wagner. said...

My favorite part of the holidays is decorating the Christmas tree. I love when you go into a dark room and the Christmas tree lights are flickering. I'm in the process of setting up my tree right now.