12.10.2009

Ten Things You Just Might Not Know About Me

1. I have a brand new niece...born at 2:06 this afternoon (Maryland time). Her name is Molly Sophia and I bet she is adorable but I haven't been able to receive my picture message since I work way past the middle of nowhere. In the past 16 months, I have acquired four new nieces and 1 nephew with another nephew on the way. When my family decided to get going, the got going fast!

2. I'm always dreaming of my next big career move. Recently I decided that I should become a book on tape reader. I practice my reading skills while I read outloud to the kids during my weekly character ed lessons. I'm getting pretty good.

3. I hate shaving. I mostly hate it because I suck at it. It doesn't matter if I'm in the tub or in the shower or standing or sitting or using soap or shaving gel. I always cut myself. Always. I used to just let my hair grow out during the winter in order to avoid the dreaded chore but I recently made a goal to shave my legs daily. And even though the cuts might be more frequent, I do love the feeling of soft legs.

4. I have a serious addiction to shopping. I'm pretty sure that everyone in my family has the addiction gene. I just decided that rather than alcohol or drugs or exercise or whatever else you can be addicted to, I would be addicted to shopping and to eating. My shopping habits have been a little bit better since moving to the middle of nowhere but I try to make up for it whenever I go to a city.

5. I'm obsessed with random celebrity gossip. I can barely remember a thing from my undergraduate college courses but I know all about who is dating who and where they were seen and what they were wearing. It's kinda embarassing actually.

6. My favorite color of finernail polish is black. It's the goth side of me coming out, I guess. I just love the way it looks...especially on short nails. And my nails are always short since I have a serious nail biting issue.

7. I am super clumsy. Like ridiculously so. I spent most of my teenagerhood with bruised shins from falling up the stairs. Right now I have a cut on my wrist from dropping the back of the truck down on it, I have a cut on the front of my hand from scraping it on the ice that is still covering my car, I have a cut on my finger from where I cut it with a knife, a burn on another finger from the flat iron and then a reburn in the same spot for touching a hot pan, I have a bruise on my knee for consistently hitting it on the way out of the car, and I have 4 cuts on my legs from shaving. Seriously, I shouldn't be let out of the house.

8. I have some serious OCD issues. Like I hate when playing cards are put back into the box facing different directions. Or when pictures hung on the wall aren't straight. And I like things to be clean and organized. It makes my messy life seem a little more in order.

9. I love Diet Coke. And I drink way too much of it on a daily basis. But when you can get a huge refill for only $.52-why not enjoy it?

10. Sometimes when I get really bored, I practice being good at random things. Like I perform math equations in my head. Or stack golf balls. Or play random games. I also practice sudoku and crosswords like there is no tomorrow but that doesn't really count as random!

So there ya go, things you just might not know about me. Although I'm a pretty open person so chances are that you already knew all of these things.

2 comments:

Dan and Cassie said...

LOL you are crazy! It's funny, but I knew a few of these things about u :) Baby Molly is a cutey! Just think u will get to see her in about 2 weeks. I know Brit is very excited about u coming out, she was telling me in the hospital today! I will definetly try to come down while you are here!!

Megan said...

Tell Brit congrats! Also, #2 was new for me.