5.14.2008

Words to live by

"We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."~Aristotle

I've been thinking about this a lot lately-that we are what we repeatedly do.  Sometimes I like to think that who I am is not defined by the things that I do on a day to day basis.  But if I'm not defined by that, then how better to define me?

It's a scary thought to me because it means that there are a lot of things that I need to work on and some bad habits that I need to quit.  This week has been the beginning of my journey to self discovery.  I have tried to resume my scripture study and have started on a healthy eating plan.  I know, those steps don't get me everywhere I want to be, but they are steps!  I'm hoping that each month I can add some new steps to help me reach the goals that I want in my life.

Now I just need to have faith in myself and encouragement from my friends!

No comments: