10.13.2010

I'm a dork. Have I mentioned that? You can probably gather it from past posts but I'll just say it, I'm totally a dork.

What, you want proof?

Here it is then...Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain event.

When I was 12, I started young womens. And as part of personal progress, I picked that I would create an aerobic routine and perform it. Now before I tell you what song I picked, let me defend myself.

I didn't have anyone around to guide me in my musical pursuits. My older brother was a little (okay, a lot) more wild than I was. And his music portrayed his wild ways. The radio station in town consisted only of country music and I couldn't understand the country music way of life (until I hit college and then I started my love affair with country music). I did dabble a little bit in Green Day thanks to my middle school besties but that was pretty much the extent of my listening to "cool" music.

So when a complete dork who has little exposure to music is asked to create an aerobic routine to a song...what song would she pick?

Only A Whole New World from Aladdin.



Don't judge me. And don't make fun of me too much.

So this song will forever and always remind me of my aerobic routine performed in front of my family with my little sister Brittany.

Don't even ask me how we managed to accomplish this without the ridicule of my older brother Brandon. I'm still not sure why he didn't torment us relentlessly. Maybe some day I'll get up the courage to ask him if he remembers this. Or maybe I won't because he might decide that now would be the time to torment me about my bad music choices and my probably far worse dancing.

1 comment:

Rachel Wagner. said...

The funny thing is that I can't imagine getting pumped over Part of Your World, Friend in Me maybe but whatever works!
When I was little we used to turn on my Dad's Moody Blue's Greatest Hits album and dance. This was also very cheesy (there are even sections of song that turn into poetry readings!). When I hear those songs they make me smile and want to jump around the furniture dancing but I restrain myself.