10.21.2010

A random fact that you most likely don't know about me-I love Third Eye Blind. Every time I hear one of their songs, I'm transported back to high school.

Like when I hear How's It Going to Be, I always think of my first heartbreak. I remember going homecoming dress shopping with my besties right after my first love broke up with me. I was sitting in the back seat and this song came on and as I stared out at the stars, a few tears ran down my face. Hearing that song takes me right there.

Or when I hear God of Wine and I'm suddenly back at my senior prom. At my high school, prom was kinda a big deal and when you arrived at the high school, a red carpet was there to lead you into the gym. Parents and friends lined the red carpet to take pictures and cheer for you. My date decided that we needed to have some music playing as we walked in and his choice-God of Wine. Everytime I heard it I feel happy and beautiful and loved.

Third Eye Blind plays in my mind as I think back on high school. So enjoy this song (my favorite of all of their songs) and take a leap back with me into the 90's.

Day 11 - A song from your favorite band

1 comment:

Eliza said...

I love this song too. It reminds me of Buffy the Vampire Slayer for some reason...must have been in an episode.

I love the '90s.