11.03.2008

Election Eve


If we have a Halloween eve, perhaps we should also celebrate an election eve. I've been bored with the elections for about a month now, so I mostly don't have any idea what is going on. And being the idiot that I am, I had no idea that you had to re-register to vote, so I won't even be voting. But nonetheless, I think we should celebrate. I'm all for as many holidays that our calendar can handle.

And it is a pretty important day for us (at least, tomorrow is an important day)...and if I were registered to vote, I would totally be using today to prepare for it. So in honor of election eve, I will wear red white and blue (done) and eat only red white and blue foods (except most blue foods are not that tasty so I probably won't actually be eating those and I already ate a granola bar which had chocolate in it).

Happy Election eve...and remember to vote (unless you are like me and did not re-register, in which case I guess we will be unable to complain for the next four years since we didn't do our civic duty anyway!).

2 comments:

Rachel Wagner. said...

Are there any blue foods? Even blueberries aren't really blue. It seems an underused color in the food world!
I think most of us are celebrating pre-election day because it is the last day we will have to hear about the election! I love politics but even I am sick of it.

Morgan said...

I'm loving your new layout and sidebar pics.! I've been meaning to change ours for awhile, but I'm just too lazy. I'll get around to it sometime :)

Are you coming home for Christmas? We're planning on heading up for almost a week. I know it's early to talk about it...but I'm just really excited and I was hoping I'd get to see you!!