12.05.2008

Conversation with a 10-year old

The following conversation occured yesterday at approximately 4:45 when I was pulling into Angie's house in Blanding:

(To set the scene...As I pull up to Angie's house there are two little kids sitting on a 4-wheeler in front of her house looking very concerned...I get out of the car)

10-year old: Excuse me, are you a friend of Angie's?
Me: Yeah, do you need her for something?
10: Yeah, well we lost our cow and we were just wondering if she had seen it.
Me: Did you say you lost your cow?
10: Yeah, our black one.
Me: Okay, I'll go check with her, hold on.

(At which point, I go inside, wake up Angie from her nap, start laughing uncontrollably finally get the story out just to find out she has not seen the cow and go back outside)

Me: No, she hasn't seen your cow.
10: Oh no...the thing is, she's pregnant.
Me: So what you are saying is your pregnant cow is on the loose.
10: Yeah, we think she might have run away to go see her cow boyfriend.
Me: Right-makes perfect sense. I'll have Angie watch out for your pregnant cow who may or may not be with her boyfriend and I'll tell her to call you if she sees her/them.

Next thought-only in Blanding, UT are there kids riding around on 4-wheelers looking for their pregnant cow. I'll miss that kind of entertainment when I leave.

2 comments:

Cody and Nicole said...

That is hilarious!

Unknown said...

Wow, that kind of thing doesn't even happen in Logan- weird things happen there, but not like that! HAHA